I have been admiring some recent blogs from some awesome soapmakers out there and have been tempted to do some embeds in my soap. I love Cee Gee soap blog “Oil and Butter”, here is the link:
Not only are her soaps beautiful, she is very creative and has some very cute soaps with embeds in it. After admiring her “Polar Bear Blog”, I have been brainstorming on some basic ideas of my own.
I decided to try some heart embeds and use Brambleberry’s Berrywine fragrance oil. I have blogged about this fragrance before and just love the wonderful berry scent :).
The embeds I created with Melt and Pour. This is a glycerin soap base that you cut up to small pieces, melt in the microwave, and pour into molds after you scent and color it. It sounds simple but it’s a little tricky at times if you are trying to do a complicated design and if your color scheme decides to turn a different color due to the fragrance oil. But I decided to go basic and just go with a clear base and color it with neon purple and added some sparkle. Here are the results of the final log:
It smells amazing!…but here is my problem. The color of the soap changed on me! It was suppose to have turned out as a very soft purple to compliment the purple hearts. Sometime during the night as it sat in the fridge it got lighter and now its a very soft pink :(…not exactly what I was looking for. I am hoping that with the cure it will darken a bit more.
Overall I am happy with my first embed project. I am starting to think of other ideas to try…I will keep you posted!
Thanks for checking out the blog!