I have been admiring some beautiful soaps with flowers embeds. There are some stunning bars and I just had to try to see if I could be successful with my flower piping. Well, let me remind you that I don’t have much experience with piping and most of what I have done has been pretty self thought by watching A LOT of You Tube videos 🙂
I had two soaps designs in mind. One was a sunflower soap and the other a fun miniature flowers kind of soap.
I decided to try the miniature flowers a go for my first try. Now the setting up of this soap takes some planning. You have to make the flowers a few days ahead of the actual soap batch. I decided to use “Lovely in Lace” from Natures Garden. It’s a nice soft scent and while I was worried it may accelerate on me, it actually performed really well …for the actual soap batch, the flowers were another story!
My challenges with the flowers:… while it traced quick, which was good since I did not have to wait a long time to start piping, once I got going the soap started to turned hard on me! Talk about trying to soften a bag full of soap to be able to pipe the flowers. The first couple of flowers came out OK, but as it was turning hard it was much harder to shape them. Also, trying to do more than one color flowers is not a good idea, specially with a fast moving fragrance. I barely had time alternating between the blue and pink to pipe this tricky little things!